quiltyjela: (Default)
[personal profile] quiltyjela
In 2010 I made four wall hangings (well, one is technically not finished as I'm still beading it), a baby quilt, a lap quilt, and a twin size quilt.

2 of the wall hangings were for preschool teachers, so they are centered around leaf prints that preschoolers did. I ended up arranging them differently and using different fabrics to frame the leaves, so I think they turned out somewhat different from each other despite starting with the same theme. http://picasaweb.google.com/hummingjoni/2010WallHangings# has pictures of all the wall hangings I did, plus close ups.

The third wall hanging I did was the first project I've ever beaded and boy did I love beading! I wanted to have something I could do quickly that would still be nice and I just happened to have a block exchange with friends stuck to my design wall that I was able to applique a few birds to, quilt, and then bead within a 10 day or 2 week period. It was rather intense and even though I didn't have the amount of time to work on it that I normally like, I think it turned out quite well. The recipient was quite pleased with it too.

The fourth wall hanging I started because I was itching to do some beading again. I pretty quickly pieced and quilted it, but the beading has been very slow because the fabrics I chose really call for a lot of beading, in my opinion. But I'm having fun with it, and that's the important point.

The baby quilt was a quick easy project for a new niece and I just chose three fabrics in a range of red, pink and ivory and whipped it into a split rail fence. My SIL liked this one:)

The throw quilt was for the kids' babysitter and I had heard her favorite colors were purple and green. I wanted to play with the split rail fence again, so I made another one with some bigger borders. Babysitter was thrilled. She said it matched her bedroom:)

The last quilt was for DD2 (who is 5). I think I should probably do an entire entry on just that quilt as it took me 4 months to make it. I started with a Nickel Quilt pattern and then morphed it into a Jacob's Ladder (mostly). I took some large scale prints and stuck them in the big squares instead of doing little checkerboards in there. I used at least 40 different fabrics on the front. And the borders evolved when I got tired of piecing the Jacob's Ladder and needed to add more fabric to get it to be the size I wanted it, but I loooooove the borders. You can see those quilts here: http://picasaweb.google.com/hummingjoni/2010Quilts#
From:
Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

 
Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.

Profile

quiltyjela: (Default)
quiltyjela

January 2011

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
910111213 1415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jun. 28th, 2017 12:11 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios